- Established in 2017, the Hemisphere Foundation was created to promote philanthropy by offering our clients a simple and convenient way to assist them with their charitable giving, which can be accomplished in one of two ways.
The first option:
- Clients are able to make a charitable donation directly to the Hemisphere Foundation, which in turn helps support numerous local charitable initiatives that align with a core belief of Hemisphere Capital Management Inc., which is to give back to the community that we live in.
- The Hemisphere Foundation allows are clients to create a Donor-Advised Fund (“DAF”) account to address their ongoing charitable initiatives. A DAF account is simply a tax preferred charitable investing account created under the umbrella of the Hemisphere Foundation. Through a DAF account, clients are provided virtually the same benefits as a private foundation without the set-up cost.
- An irrevocable contribution of $25,000 or more is required to establish a DAF account within the Hemisphere Foundation. You can donate publicly traded securities such as stocks, bonds, mutual funds, etc., as well as cash to fund your DAF account. As a philanthropic vehicle, a DAF account provides flexibility for giving to registered Canadian charities (qualified donees) by you, your family, or related corporate entities.
- To learn more about the creation of your own DAF account through the Hemisphere Foundation please contact a member of the Hemisphere™ team for more information.